Wednesday 20 December 2006

Got the rucksack - and mosquito repellent

I've replaced my old travel bag - bursting at the seams - with a swanky new Berghaus rucksack. Just hope I can lift it. I bought the rucksack, plus other essentials like weapons to zap mosquitoes and locks to deter the thieves on the otherwise splendid rail system, in London, at Black's, off Oxford Street.

The shop assistant came from Kerala and had studied at the university in Chennai, and so was able to give me useful advice. In turn I advised her NOT to take her father on the planned trip round Scotland at the New Year! She works in the shop to help finance her master's course in electrical engineering (at the University of Westminster) and will probably end up in somewhere like Bangalore. A very pleasant encounter.

No comments: